The people who are not Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada are called visitors. They are authorized to enter Canada for a certain period of stay for any of the following purposes.
- May visit Canada on a holiday or a trip
- Visit a family member
- Need to attend a business meeting or event
The following are the requirements you need to be fulfil.
Once you submit your application, either via online or through the post, you will receive a letter stating how and where you need to submit your biometrics. The time period given for biometrics is up to 30-days. To obtain a Canada Visit Visa, you need to send your complete and valid documents. For More Details Contact Us!
- If you applied online: We will send you a letter to your account message box within 24 hours of applying.
- If you applied by mail: You will receive your letter by mail at least two weeks after you submit your application.
2. Requirements while arriving in Canada
Your valid visitor visa and travel document do not guarantee that you can enter Canada. These are not considered as guaranteed factors. You might need to fulfil some conditions while arriving in Canada. When you arrive in Canada, your identity will be checked to make sure that you are the exact person who gets approval to travel to Canada. For this, your biometrics will be used. The criteria for children under 18 is almost the same as for adults.
3. Requirements while entering Canada
To properly enter Canada, you need to pass the identity check. Once you have passed the identity check and meet the entry requirements, the border services officer will stamp your passport or let you know how long you can stay in Canada. Normally the time period for your stay in Canada is up to six months. Your border service officer will abide you to stay for six months as visit visa is only applicable for six months. However, in some cases, the officer may limit or extend your time in Canada to cover the planned purpose of your visit. You must ask questions if you are not sure about something. If you give false or incomplete information, you will not be allowed to enter Canada. You must convince the officer that you:
- Are entitled for entry into Canada.
- Will leave Canada at the end of your official stay.
Some Additional Needs:
You need to meet some basic requirements to visit Canada, for instance:
- Have a valid travel document.
- Must be good in health.
- Have no criminal or immigration-related convictions.
- Convince an immigration officer that you have ties—such as a job, home, financial assets or family that will take you back to your home country.
- Convince an immigration officer that you will leave Canada at the end of your visit.
- Have enough money for your stay.
Who can not enter Canada?
Some people are inadmissible, which means that they are not eligible to come to Canada. There are a lot of things that can make you inadmissible, including involvement in criminal activity, or human rights violations.
If you want this article useful, you may also like…