Canada LMIA Based Visa


Labor Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) or Labor Market Opinion (LMO) is a document which is issued by the department of Federal Government of Canada to ensure that the Canadian employer should not overlook hiring a talented overseas worker. It means that a Canadian employer needs LMIA to hire a temporary overseas worker.

LMIA visa is not very easy to get. When the Canadian government issues a positive LMIA, that means:

  1. They are completely satisfied that the Canadian employer needs a worker for their company or business operation.
  2. Canadian company couldn’t find any Canadian workers.
  3. Canadian workers are hiring a foreign worker temporarily until the local workers are available.
  4. To bring a foreigner will have a positive or no effect on the Canadian Labor Market.

Facilitated LMIA Process

It includes professions that are high in demand and companies or industries facing a shortage of labour. Those who apply under this process do not need to provide proof of recruitment offers. Few of the main occupations that fall under Quebec facilitated LMIA process with their NOCs are:

  • Financial Manager (NOC 0111)
  • Computer and system managers (NOC 0213)
  • Restaurants and food services managers (NOC 0631)
  • Advertising and marketing managers (NOC 0124)
  • Financial and investment analysts (NOC 1112)
  • Human resources professionals (NOC 1121)
  • Executive assistants (NOC 1222)
  • Administrative assistants (NOC 1241)
  • Medical administrative assistants (NOC 1243)
  • Civil engineers (NOC 2131)
  • Mechanical engineers (NOC 2132)
  • Aerospace engineers (NOC 2146)
  • Software engineers and designers (NOC 2173)
  • Mechanical Engineers (NOC 2232)
  • Specialist physicians (NOC 3111)
  • Pharmacists (NOC 3131)
  • Physiotherapists (NOC 3142)
  • Occupational Therapists (NOC 3143)
  • Social workers (NOC 4152)
  • Foodservice supervisors (NOC 6311
  • Chefs (NOC 6321)
  • Cooks (NOC 6322)
  • Electrical mechanics (NOC 7333)

Read Our Previous Article About Open Work Permit


  1. […] If you work for an organization or a corporation that has a parent enterprise or branch in Canada, you can get a Canadian work permit through the Intra-Company Transfer program. Basically, this program is used by multinational companies to move their management and workers between different branches, and it can also accommodate the entrepreneurs. Those individuals who have acquired work permits through this program do not need LMIA. […]


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here