If you want to visit Canada to perform business activities, i.e. to sign agreements, to attend a business meeting or conference, you need to apply for a Business Visa. It will allow you to stay in the state for a short period. If you are a business visitor, you may need to apply for an eTA (Electronic Travel Authorization).
If you need an eTA, you should have the following things with you:
- Plan your trip before time.
- Do not wait for the last minute to apply
- Travel to Canada with the passport that you used to get your eTA.
However if you need a visitor visa, the following documents you need to send with your application.
- A letter of invitation from your business partner in Canada.
- Contact details for that person.
Conditions for Business Visit
If you want to get a business visa for Canada, you need to show the following things.
- You are planning to stay for not more than six months,
- You are not planning to enter the Canadian labour market,
- The main place or city of business, and source of income and profits, is not inside Canada,
- You have all the necessary documents that support your application and
- You meet all the basic entry requirements of Canada because you
- are having a valid travel document, for instance, a passport,
- must have sufficient money for your stay and to return home,
- must plan to leave Canada at the end of your visit and do not tend to prolong your visit and
- Must not be a criminal, or involved in any criminal activity.
Cross-border Business Visit
- Buying Canadian products, goods or services for a foreign business or government.
- Taking certain orders for goods or services only for business purposes.
- Visiting meetings, conferences, conventions or trade fairs.
- The company that trains you is the Canadian parent company that you work for outside Canada.
- You might be a training employee of a Canadian branch of a foreign or international company.
Other things to consider
In case you are a business partner, and you are inviting your partner to Canada, then there are the following things that you need to consider:
- Perform careful checks on your potential business partner.
- Cooperate with the Canadian Trade Commissioner that is majorly responsible for the sector and country your visitor is coming from.
- You might need to provide your visiting potential business partner with two copies of a letter of invitation.
- You might also need to provide your visiting potential business partner with 24-hour contact information. The officer at the border service may ask your visitor:
- To provide the information when arriving in Canada, or
- Need to contact you due to travel delays.
Do you want to visit your child or grandchild in Canada? If so, you need to apply for a Canada Super Visa